Coronavirus Threat Not Over Yet – Federal Govt

Vice President Yemi Osinbajo has advised Nigerians to continue to observe hygiene advisories because the threat posed to Nigeria by the Coronavirus is not yet over.Osinbajo gave the advice yesterday in Abuja while flagging off the free nationwide Integrated Medical Outreach Programme at Bwari Area Council Primary Health Centre.

He spoke on the issue while commenting on the efforts so far taken by the Federal Government to contain the coronavirus pandemic.He said: “The threat is not over and as you know only a few days ago, Mr. president directed that a readiness review be undertaken covering both the economy and healthcare services and that report has been submitted to him. We are also examining the readiness of our healthcare facilities for whatever eventualities may arise.

“Osinbajo, according to a statement by his spokesman, Laolu Akande, said President Muhammadu Buhari’s vision of taking 10 million Nigerians out poverty every year for the next 10 years was on course. He said it would be “largely” actualized by the quantum leap in our human capacity development attainment, especially healthcare.

He said “the Integrated Medical Outreach Programme is a crucial feature of our overall human capacity development effort.”Osinbajo, who spoke on the significance of the programmes especially in impacting the population in the rural parts of the country” said “… despite our best efforts, there is a significant gap in bringing public health services to vulnerable populations especially in the rural, mountainous, riverine, peri-urban and other difficult to reach areas in the country.

The Federal Government will today in Abuja inaugurate the 12-man Presidential Task Force for the control of Covid-19.The committee, chaired by the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Boss Mustapha, has Dr Sani Aliyu, a former Director-General, National Agency for Control of AIDS as national coordinator. Other members are the Ministers of Health, Interior, Aviation, Education as well as Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Services; Information and Culture, Environment as well as the Director-General of the Department of State Security, Director-General of the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control and the World Health Organisation Country Representative.In a related development, the Minister of State for Health, Adeleke Mamora, told reporters in Abuja yesterday that travellers from eight high risk countries for coronavirus would undergo secondary screening at the point of entry to Nigeria.He said the government added three new countries, France, Germany and Spain to the five high risk countries in its initial priority list. They are China, Japan, Iran, Italy, Republic of Korea, France and Germany.The minister said the eight high risk countries were also advised to isolate for 14 days on entry.He said samples collected from a woman in her 70’s in Enugu who had returned from the United Kingdom with symptoms of fever and mild respiratory illness tested negative to COVID-19 .He said between January 7 and March 15, 48 people had been screened for COVID-19 in eight states: Edo, Lagos, Ogun, Federal Capital Territory Yobe, Rivers, Kano and Enugu “out of which 47 tested negative and have been cleared, one was positive (contact of the index case) and one result is pending. There has been no death. “He said though Nigeria did not record a confirmed COVlD-19 case in the last one week, it is still at high risk like other countries. “We continue to monitor returning travellers that fit our case definition and improve our surveillance, detection and risk communications,” he said.He insisted that there was no travel restriction yet, but that the government was monitoring the situation.”The fact that we have not put in place travel restrictions at this point in time does not mean that if the realities on ground dictates that even before the end of the day it will be announced, that announcement will be done because we are monitoring and interacting with various bodies in the world and we also have the WHO guidelines. “According to him, the country does not at this time consider it necessary to impose compulsory isolation for arriving passengers when they have not shown any suspicion of coronavirus.

Source: Daily trust

131 thoughts on “Coronavirus Threat Not Over Yet – Federal Govt

  1. 637744 838434Hmm is anyone else experiencing difficulties with the images on this weblog loading? Im trying to discover out if its a difficulty on my end or if its the weblog. Any feed-back would be greatly appreciated. 602041

  2. 136219 829013I think this is one of the most significant information for me. And im glad reading your write-up. But want to remark on some common things, The web site style is ideal, the articles is actually fantastic : D. Great job, cheers 489766

  3. 820705 856478Normally the New york Weight Loss diet is certainly less expensive and flexible staying on your diet scheme intended for measures nonetheless fast then duty keep a nutritious day-to-day life. weight loss 841775

  4. Oh my goodness! Impressive article dude! Thank you so
    much, However I am encountering problems with your RSS. I
    don’t know why I cannot join it. Is there anybody else having
    similar RSS issues? Anyone who knows the answer can you kindly respond?
    Thanx!!

  5. 581555 790102Cause thats required valuable affiliate business rules to get you started on participating in circumstances appropriate for your incredible web-based business concern. Inernet marketing 262437

  6. Trump Clicker is a free online game provided by Lagged. Play online in your browser on PC, Mobile and Tablet devices. Join millions of players from around the world by playing our addicting games. 12. Fairway Solitaire: The original puzzle solitaire game is a good online game choice. “Hit the fairway” and complete daily challenges, earn rewards and find collectables! While playing, you can join a club, meet new friends, play together, get your club on the leaderboard and win incredible prizes! Clubs unlock at level 14 and anyone can join. Work together to earn club chips to unlock incredible prizes! The game can be played on iOS, Google Play and Amazon. Ages Rating is 4+ and the average player age range is 40-65. Complete clever solitaire puzzles, master the course and earn prizes! This problem usually happens when your browser is blocking third-party cookies. Swarm Simulator needs this storage to save your game. It’s not doing anything evil, I promise. We’ve looked at a pretty broad spectrum of games here, most of which have very different goals, and hit different niches within the incremental genre, and so pulling specific learnings out of the analysis is a bit tricky. More than anything, I think I simply saw patterns insofar as the kind of games that I personally enjoy. It’s true of games in general that, what works for one game or one user may not necessarily work in every instance, and I think this just becomes especially noticeable when we look at incremental games, because the experience tends to be so stripped down, and so there isn’t really anything but the core loop to distract or entice you. https://spark-wiki.win/index.php/Top_multiplayer_games_to_play_with_friends The gameplay itself is as frantic and chaotic as you’d expect from a Mario Kart game, and it’s easily the most fun I’ve had with a mobile racing game in some time. In most aspects, this does look and feel like a true Mario Kart experience complete with item boxes and coins scattered across each course, fun shortcuts to discover, and that familiar thrill of victory and the more familiar sting of defeat. This is, however, despite the oversimplified controls, invisible bumper rails preventing you from going off course, and other bizarre limitations that Nintendo has imposed. Speed, adrenaline, and drive often lure fans of extreme sports. Many people dream of being a part of a race to feel all those emotions. No wonder video and mobile games with cars and drive are so popular among users. Each game provides new experiences and emotions so it cannot be too much of them. When the action begins, your car automatically accelerates. On notebook, laptop or desktop, use the Left and Right Arrow Keys on your computer keyboard to steer your car, or if you fancy an even more difficult challenge, use your mouse or touchpad / trackpad to steer.

  7. Записаться на прием! В нынешнее время существует множество препаратов для повышения потенции. Все средства можно разделить на три вида:  Если болезнь сопровождается тянущими болями в области органов мочеполовой системы, психическими нарушениями в виде раздражительности, беспокойства, бессонницы, сексуальными расстройствами. В этом случае следует принимать лекарства, улучшающие кровообращение, устраняющие боль, воспалительный процесс, проблемы с психикой. Для этих целей назначаются: Следует избегать стрессов и депрессии, не запускать лечение хронических болезней, которые повышают риск развития импотенции. Внимательное отношение к собственному здоровью, которое заключается в своевременном обращении к специалистам при выявлении каких-либо симптомов эректильной дисфункции, является залогом быстрого и успешного лечения, направленного на восстановление мужского здоровья. http://sialisa7.fotosdefrases.com/dla-potencii-muzcin-naturalnye-sredstva-v-apteke Главное возбуждающее действие вызывают растительные или животные составляющие средств для улучшения потенции. Благодаря натуральному составу БАДы редко приводят к побочным эффектам, имеют короткий список противопоказаний. На основании спроса можно оценить рейтинг БАДов для потенции. По мнению специалистов, самыми популярными на сегодняшний день можно считать добавки для мужского здоровья: Кроме отзывов от отечественных потребителей стоит просматривать и зарубежную статистику. Необходимо обращать внимание на общий процент мужчин, которые были полностью удовлетворены интересующим пациента препаратом.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *