One of the most common domestic injuries sustained at home but women is blisters. One way or the other they are exposed to the heat or they practically overuse an area of the skin causing friction. Which might later lead to blisters if it get intense for the individual. Though it cause can be unknown in rare cases.
There are other forms of blisters in which we naturally don’t see as one because it not heat/fire related.
1. Fever blisters found in the mouth
2. Blood blisters found in the palm due to repeated contact with metals
3. Leg sores due to ignorance of leg blisters that occur from tight shoes
1. Immediately you see it form, deep a towel in a cold water or apply ice pack for up to 1-3minutes. Use this to compress the site
2. To alleviate pain of blisters, Aloe Vera gel is a good option
3. To sterilize the site of the wound, you can also apply listerine. It is a very good antiseptic
4. Lastly, during healing process, sweating can cause it to swell again. So to avoid this, apply water with salt to clean it and dry afterward.
Written by Olawale Sogbesan