1. Usage of Mobile phones in the Kitchen: In most kitchens in Nigeria today, gas cooker is the order of the day. It a new development of maximizing Natural Gas but it’s highly inflammable. Avoid the usage of mobile phones in the kitchen as receiving call and sending should be prohibited in the kitchen.
2. Unused Electrical Appliance: Have you ever wondered why some people would be called from work that a second power surge has caused fire outbreak in their home. It is advisable to put off or disconnect that appliance when not in use.
3. Filling of your generator while it’s working: Some people still indulge in this practice. They want it fast, so they can’t take the patience to switch it off and fill. Only the living can praise and a burnt part of the body cannot heal back to its initial state.
4. Inappropriate usage of a Candle: Yes, when there is no light, candle(wax) helps us a lot. But most student don’t even care again, they just place it on anything forgetting the fact that it highly inflammable too. Handle candle with care.
5. Socket overload: The moment you begin to hear sound from your socket, it signifies something is wrong. Attend to it, Socket overload can cause fire outbreak
6. Smoking at Bedtime: It’s no more news that fire incidence has occurred due to this cause, smokers are advised not to smoke even close to petrol stations