This is a type of fungal infection that affect the (in-between) toes. It is usually catalyzed by moist environment especially those who wear tight shoes and have a sweaty feet. Many are familiar with ringworm, the same fungi that causes both athletic foot, causes ringworm.
Athletic foot risk factors
1. Male gender
2. Frequent damp socks usage
3. Walking with barefoot in public places
4. Tight shoes
Few remedies for athletic foot
1. Usage of garlic Crushed or powered garlic can be applied to the affected area for up to 30minutes. Wash it off with water afterward. Do this everyday.
2. Usage of honey Just before bedtime, you need to rub honey on the area before bedtime. Keep it till day break
3. Usage of Salty warm water Kindly soak your feet for 10-15minutes and dry thoroughly. This has high tendency of killing the fungus causing athletic feet
4. Another most common home remedy is methylated spirit. Regular cleaning with your cotton wool.
The above remedies simply aimed at one thing, killing the fungus. So make sure you stay true to it. If no improvement is seen after one week, kindly visit your physician on the second week.
Written by Olawale Sogbesan